Monday, July 08, 2013

Garden by the Bay








This trip down south was during the end of last year. As usual my partner in crime, Jessica and I made our way down to Singapore for our annual Singapore getaway. Looking back the past years, we make a trip to Singapore at least 2 times each year and each trip seems to just be more and more fun.

This time round we managed to visit the new tourist attraction in Singapore called Garden by the Bay which is located just across Marina Bay Sands. My advice to anyone visiting the place is take the tram ride. It was the most worth it 5SGD (if im not mistaken) in my life. HAHA. It will save you a lot of walking and definitely from sun burn.

There are 2 observatories there, the Flower Dome and the Cloud Forest. We were extremely blessed by Jessica's uncle which sponsored our entrance fees into one of them and we chose the Cloud Forest. I think they mentioned something like it is the largest man made waterfall in Asia? I'm not too sure on that, so it would be good it you did't hold me to it.

Walking in there was really cooling and nice but it was also the first time in my life I've ever felt afraid of heights. Didn't even know I was so afraid of hneights. I remember the moment I stepped out onto the external bridge, my knees froze, I was having cold sweat, my heart was definitely beating faster than usual and also I felt a little faint. Thankfully the best friend was there to hold my hand! Like literally.

It seems that our trips each time gets more and more interesting compared to the last one and we discover more and more about each other during that time too. I'm not too sure about whether our annual Singapore trips will continue to go on now that we both have finished our studies and have different commitments but I'm sure when we do, we will have a great time!

No comments: