Saturday, June 01, 2013

Descending Dragon Bay









Vietnam trip back in July 2012. 


I remembered the time when I sat foot onto the Oriental Sail to set out to one of UNESCO's World Heritage Sites, Ha Long Bay, I was filled with excitement to see nature in all it's glory and it really did not disappoint. The sight of it all was just BEAUTIFUL. The skies were the bluest I've seen and although the sea was not clear, it was just beautiful.

The Oriental Sail was one of the many junks you'll find cruising it's way through Ha Long Bay. I managed to book an overnight cruise which came with all meals on board and was filled with activities. One of the most memorable activity we had was kayaking. They made us kayak through this tiny cave which only was high enough for kayaks to past through to arrive at this place which was so beautiful words can't describe. It was a pity we didn't have any cameras on us. Also because my partner and I were so horrible at kayaking we were the last to reach there and did not have much time to soak it all up, all that is left now is just a mental image. We had only a few minutes to spare and had to make our way back, worried that we would have lost our way as it was such a long distance.

While kayaking I remembered being really mad at my partner because I was so tired and I really hate it when people boss me around but at that time I also knew that my partner was as tired as I was. Not once did my partner yell at me for doing such a bad job instead my partner tried to do most of the work to get us safely back to the junk. I'm just really thankful for all that my partner has done for me during that time, it would be quite ugly if we started an argument on board a kayak. Imagine, with no where to go and screaming at each other, that would have been a funny sight.

I was glad we managed to reach back safely and although last in the team, it made a really good memory.



Photos are from my Windows phone 






No comments: