Sunday, August 18, 2013

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment

So since I'm unemployed I've found myself some stuff to do. Just so my brain doesn't deteriorate within these few months of my intended break. 

1. A book a week every 2 weeks. 
I know, I know, there are those who can finish a book a day, I do live in the same house as those people. But if you know me, reading has never been my strongest point. I can read a book up to one year and still would not have finished it or even better it gets lost on my watch. So, a book every 2 weeks is quite a goal for me to achieve. It has been so far so good, I'm currently on to the second one now. 

2. Cook a meal at least 2 times a week. 
Somehow as I grow older I find cooking a lot more interesting. I find myself on the Internet searching for recipes and trying them at home nowadays while previously the sight and smell of fresh poultry would just trigger my gag reflexes. I still do sometimes but not as bad as before, still, I prefer to stick to fish while I'm still experimenting. LESS BLOOD. 

3. Exercise at least 2 times a week 
My energy levels have been on the low side lately and I think it is because of my love for sleeping. It seems like the more I sleep, the more I want to sleep. If that makes any sense at all. I use to workout quite frequently but now as my sis puts it, my fitness level is that of a couch potato! Time to start working out for my most looked forward trip right now, which is to Krabi. Sun, Sea, Sand! 

I believe writing down these goals of mine would give me some sense of accountability to whoever reading it and perhaps motivate me even more. :) 


 

No comments: